VISCERAL MANIPULATION: THE PELVIS (VM3)
The Barral Institute Visceral Manipulation Level 3
Visceral Manipulation (VM) was developed by world-renowned French Osteopath Jean-Pierre Barral.
In this advanced level workshop students will study those organ systems of the pelvis not previously presented, integrate the pelvic organs with the complex ligament system of the body regions, and give methods for differentiation between somatic and visceral causes for pelvic and low back problems. It includes lecture, demonstration and practice for each technique presented.
TerraPark, Conference room
2040 Budaörs, Liget u. 3.
Day 1: Registration 8:30 a.m.-9:00 a.m., till approx. 5:00 p.m.
Day 2: 9:00 a.m. - approx. 5:00 p.m.
Day 3: 9:00 a.m. - approx. 5:00 p.m.
Day 4: 9:00 a.m. - approx. 4:00 p.m.
Workshop schedule is subject to change. Workshop may run late each day in order to be able to cover all material planned for that day.
INSTRUCTOR AND TEACHING ASSISTANT(S)
Rita Benamor, D.O., CST-D (Portugal) - Instructor
Orsolya Gábriel, CST-D, CCEd, N.P. - Teaching Assistant
The organizer reserves the right to change the location, instructor and teaching assistant of the workshop about which applicants will be informed via e-mail.
- Review abdominal fascial, organ and pressure system anatomy/physiology.
- Identify, receive and conduct Jean-Pierre Barral method of evaluation and treatment for the organ systems of the pelvic cavity, including the integration of the pelvic organs with the complex ligament systems of that body region.
- Integrate the pelvis into the body with principles of Soft Tissue Lines of Tension.
- Explain techniques for differentiating between somatic and visceral causes for pelvic and low back problems.
- Practice organ specific external fascial mobilization for the uterus, ovaries, bladder, ureters, prostate and rectum
- Learn to identify, receive and conduct Jean-Pierre Barral's method of evaluation and treatment for the organ systems of the pelvic cavity, including the integration of the pelvic organs with the complex ligament systems of that body region.
- Discover techniques for differentiating between somatic and visceral causes for pelvic and low back problems.
- Discover how to integrate the pelvic organs functional movement patterns.
- Explore additional principles of direct and indirect approaches and their appropriate applications.
- Integrate the pelvis into the body with principles of Lines of Tension and Interrelationships.
- Review of Visceral Manipulation: Abdomen 1 and 2
- Pelvic Pressure Systems
- Relationship of the pelvic/urogenital system with the abdominal cavity
- Biomechanics of the hard frame
- Sacrum and coccyx techniques
- Review from previous day
- Anatomy, biomechanics and function of the bladder
- Bladder techniques
- Review of the kidneys
- Anatomy, biomechanics and function of the ureters
- Review from previous day
- Ureter techniques
- Anatomy, biomechanics and function of the uterus
- Uterus techniques
- Anatomy, biomechanics and function of the overies
- Review from previous day
- Anatomy, biomechanics and function of the prostate
- Anatomy, biomechanics and function of the rectum
- Rectal techniques
- Pelvic plexus
- Listening techniques within the pelvic cavity
- Practical integration of the pelvic cavity
- Techniques to include lines of tehnsion stacking
895.00 USD that is Eight hundred ninety-five USD, that includes 1 copy of VM3 Study Guide and the costs of interpreting, but does not include travel, food and accommodation expenses.
PAYMENT METHOD AND CONDITIONS
150.00 USD that is One hundred fifty USD Registration Fee is to be paid at registration. The amount of the remainder is 745.00 USD, that is Seven hundred forty-five USD, that is to be paid via bank wire or in cash after preliminary confirmation.
CONDITIONS OF CANCELLATION
Cancellation deadline free of liquidated damages: the 42nd day prior the first day of the course. The amount of liquidated damages in case of a cancellation of 42-35 days prior the first day of the course is 50% of the Course Fee, and in case of a cancellation of 35-28 days prior the first day of the course it is 70% of the Tuition Fee. In case of a cancellation within 28 days prior the first day of the course, the amount of liquidated damages is the total Tuition Fee. 150.00 USD that is One hundred fifty USD Registration Fee is included in the Tuition Fee. In case of a cancellation this amount is not refunded.
Licensed or certified healthcare professionals or students, including Massage Therapists, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Naturopaths, Athletic Trainers, Chiropractors, Osteopaths, Acupuncturists, Nurses, and other allied healthcare professionals.
- Agreement to comply with our general principles and rules of procedures (Code of Ethics);
- Approval of the Head of the Course Organizer that is Upledger Institute Hungary Ltd..
- Submission of the application documents (1 copy of the Application Form filled in completely, 1 piece of a photo not older than 6 months) within the given application deadline;
- Complete payment of the Tuition Fee within the given deadline.
- Successful completion of VM2
Application form can be downloaded by clicking on the links at the bottom of the page. Please return the completed form with a recent photograph of you attached to the following address by post until October 15, 2018:
Upledger Institute Hungary Kft.
2051 Biatorbágy, Keserűkút u. 101/73, Hungary
Please, also send a copy of your completed form to the following email address: email@example.com
Jean-Pierre Barral, RPT, DO: Visceral Manipulation I.
Jean-Pierre Barral, RPT, DO: Visceral Manipulation II.
Jean-Pierre Barral, RPT, DO: Urogenital Manipuation
Frank Netter, MD: Atlas of Human Anatomy
Carmine Clemente: A Regional Atlas of the Human Body
We leave it up to each prospective student to assume responsibility for advance preparation; we cannot screen students for their level of readiness. You may, however, find yourself frustrated and left behind if you do not study before hand. It is suggested that you read through the Visceral Manipulation II text book and look up the terms for the following lists of terms and structures provided. It is also recommended that you begin your study well in advance of the scheduled workshops to allow for unforeseen interruptions and a comfortable learning pace. We want this to be an interesting and intriguing educational experience for all of you.
Wearing loose, comfortable, layered clothing and indoor slippers during the course is recommended. Avoid wearing tight clothes. As several techniques require the touch of the bare skin, it is inevitable to wear such clothing which allows the skin to be accessed easily. Due to the nature of the method, nails have to be cut short.
At the end of the training students will receive a certification issued by The Barral Institute. The issue of the certification is subject to the students’ presence during the whole period of the course, as well as, to their active participation and cooperation. The issued certificate does not qualify for individual medical activity!